Change Account Name Facebook: Over the years since Facebook’s inception, the social media network has grown into the largest medium of meeting new friends, staying in touch with old friends and families and also several of the new features associated with Facebook.
Users might have created their Facebook account several years ago and wonder if they can Change Account Name Facebook, well in today’s article we will simply show you how to, so you can easily change to your husband’s name for the married ones who wish to change or simply change to that newly formed name of yours.
Read Also: Remove Facebook Friends in Mass Now
How to Change Account Name on Facebook Profile
Facebook has gone past the years of simply using any form of name as some names format are simply restricted, so ensure you supply genuine names for your new Facebook profile name in the fields for Last name, First name and others, and be informed that altering your Facebook name will ultimately change your Facebook Profile link. So follow the steps below to change your Facebook Profile Name and your Facebook Account link.
- Initially, ensure you are logged right into Facebook and if not, simply log in your Facebook account by supplying your Facebook Username and password.
- As soon as you are logged into your Facebook profile or the account that requires the name change, simply locate and click the drop-down arrow button, this should be in the leading right corner of the Facebook homepage.
- Once you click on this drop down, several options will be revealed from which you will choose “Settings” from the menu options.
- On the next page that loads, ensure that the alternative selected/ highlighted in the left pane is the one termed “General”, if that’s the case, to the middle of the page, locate the section that says “Name” and click the edit link beside this option.
Note: Kindly ensure to use a near-real name if not your real name as this is what determines people’s first impression about you and ultimately makes it easier for your friends to locate you!, if you don’t want to use your real name, why appear on social network in the first place.
Recommended: Poke you on Facebook
After you click on the edit button, a new field to supply your “First Name”, “Middle Name” and “Surname” will be revealed as shown in the picture below.
You will be cautioned that you will not be able to change your name again until after 60 days, so ensure you use the right names you intend to. You can additionally add other names if you need to, this is simply to increase people’s chances of identifying you, once you supply those details, go ahead and click review changes and then you will be required to enter your Facebook account password to Save your name modification.
How to edit the Profile Name Attached to your Facebook Account on Mobile
- Launch the Facebook mobile Application
- Log into Facebook if you are not logged in
- View your Facebook account settings by click in the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Name.
- Enter your name and click Review Change.
- Enter your password and click Save Changes.
I hope this article was helpful? Kindly comment below in the remark section if you’re having any trouble changing your Facebook name.