How can I use Facebook to Market my business or product?
If you have current with the Facebook platform, then you must have heard that there are over 2.1 billion people who use the Facebook platform every single day for their own different reasons, some use it to make money, and some use it to chat and others.
It is also most certain that as a business owner your potential customers are on Facebook and they are using it actively to connect with their most favorite brands and family and friends. You can use Facebook for marketing your business or products whether you running an ecommerce site, a software company, a brick and mortar store or an agency. When you want to Facebook for marketing, let your Facebook marketing skills or strategy be very unique.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social media platform use to connect and communicate with family and friends all around the world. You can share your video clips and images on the Facebook platform through your timeline. On the Facebook platform, you can buy and sell locally with the Facebook market place app. There are lots of games to be played on the Facebook gameroom app.
You can watch inspirational short video clips that will make your day. You get notifications when a someone likes, shares or comments on your post. Facebook is user friendly and free. The Facebook mobile app is free on the appstore for download.
How to set up a Facebook business page
If you have made up your mind to build and manage a Facebook page for your business or product, you are on the right track because there are over 50 million business pages around the world who are already marketing with Facebook via the page. But before you can set up a business page you must have a Facebook account or you can create one by following the steps below;
- Proceed to the Facebook official webpage at www.facebook.com or you can open the Facebook mobile app on your device.
- On the sign up form, enter your surname, first name, email address or your mobile number and then create a new password for the account.
- Head to select your birthday and indicate the gender you are by tapping on it.
- Hit on “Sign up”.
The Facebook account will be created and a confirmation mail or text (code) will be sent to your device. Type in the code on the text box provided on Facebook or click on the link sent along the mail to verify your account.
If you already have a Facebook account, follow the simple instructions below to log on;
- Go to www.facebook.com or launch the Facebook mobile app on your device.
- Fill in your email address or mobile number and password of the account.
- Then hit on “Log in”.
The account will be loaded if the details are correct. You can edit your profile to the way you want it to be, add a profile picture and a cover photo.
Creating and Setting a Facebook Page
Once you have Facebook account setting a Facebook will be very simple and fast. Follow the guidelines to create and set up a page to start your Facebook market;
- Go on to your Facebook page and navigate to “Create a page”.
- Select the page type you want and fill in the page name and category.
- Then fill in street address, city, state, Zip code and phone number.
- Tap on “Continue.
The page will be created and ready to be set up. Add a profile image and a cover photo, then head on to adding more information like the page description, location etc. customize the sections you want to be displayed on your page. You can also add collaborations if you’re in a team, invite your friends to like your new page then publish your first business post.
How to Build a Facebook Marketing Strategy
Now that you have successfully created and set up your page. To be able to build a strong Facebook marketing strategy, you will firstly need a comprehensive understanding of the audience (your audience). Facebook market strategy includes;
- Identifying your Facebook audience.
- Using the audience insights.
- Creating a social media calendar of contents.
- Scheduling your Facebook posts.
- Selecting a perfect time to post on your page
That’s all you need to know on Facebook marketing strategies for now.