How do you deactivate an Email account (Gmail)
Find an email app you like better than Gmail? Not a problem. You can delete a Google Gmail account and all the messages in it (and still keep your Google, YouTube, etc. accounts).
Why Delete a Gmail Account?
So you have one Gmail account too many? No, you don’t have to tell me any reasons for wanting to quit Gmail. I won’t ask, I’ll just tell you how to do it.
Gmail will ask you to click numerous times, of course, and for your password, too. Still, closing your Gmail account and deleting the mail in it is pretty straightforward a task.
Delete Your Gmail Account
To cancel a Gmail account and delete the associated Gmail address:
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
- Click Delete Products.
- Note: You can also choose Delete Google Account and Data to remove your entire Google account (including your search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense as well as other Google services).
- Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Type the password to the account over Enter your password.
- Click Next.
- Click the trashcan icon (🗑) next to Gmail.
- Note: Follow the Download Data link for a chance to download a full copy of your Gmail messages via Google takeout.
- Tip: You can also copy your email to another Gmail account, possibly a new Gmail address.
- Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing underEnter an email address in the How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.
- Note: Gmail may already have entered the secondary address you used when creating the Gmail account. The alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username.
- Also important: Make sure you enter an email address to which you have access. You need the email address to complete deleting your Gmail account.
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Open the email from Google (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google Account.
- Click Delete Gmail.
- Important: You cannot undo this step. After you click this, your Gmail account and messages are gone.
- Click Done.
What Happens to Emails in the Deleted Gmail Account?
The messages will be deleted permanently. You can no longer access them in Gmail.
If you downloaded a copy, either using Google Takeout or using an email program, you can still use these messages, of course.
Note: If you used IMAP to access Gmail in your email program, only messages copied to local folder will be kept; emails on the server and folders synchronized with the deleted Gmail account will be deleted.
What Happens to Emails Sent to My Deleted Gmail Address?
People who mail your old Gmail address will receive back a delivery failure message. You might want to announce a new or alternate old address to desired contacts. By the way, if you’re looking for a new, secure email service.
How to Set Up a Facebook Page – Facebook Page – Facebook
How to Set Up a Facebook Page
Do you want to know how to set up a facebook page? If so, follow this article with keen interest. Facebook is a fully functional social media, and many businessmen want to take advantage of this opportunity but it seems impossible because they do not know how to. If you fall into this category of people, then you need to read this article to the very end.
In this article is a detailed tutorial on how to create pages on Facebook, as you should know before now from the name “Facebook page” the feature is only available to Facebook account owners, so before you can use this medium to advertise your business, you must on a Facebook account.
Now you may think that here lies the problem because you have tried but failed many times or Facebook keeps preventing you from opening an account. I just want you to know that it’s simultaneously easy to get an account set up, but you would need any mail account or a telephone number to proceed.
If you have the mail account or a telephone number, you may proceed to the next step which is creating a new account.
How to Open A Facebook Account
- Use your mobile browser or Pc to go to www.facebook.com.
- If you use a PC you can ahead and fill the sign-up form you see, but if you are using a mobile or smartphone, you will be required to hit the sign up link first and also fill the form you would see.
- After filling the form, click on sign up again.
- The next phase would require you to input the verification code you got on your mail or mobile number.
- Input the six-digit code and follow the guide steps to finish set up.
Having open an account, the next step is to create a page which will require you to log in to your Facebook account first, after logging in follow the procedures listed below to continue.
How to Set Up a Facebook Page – How to Create a Facebook Page
- On your Facebook homepage, hit the down arrow and select create a page from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed, select the kind of page you wish to open. (you would see a few options here, they usually have different features, so choose the one that best suits your idea or service).
- Next, some information will be required about the page, information such as the page name, description, and all.
- After that, your page will be fully functional, to style your page add a cover photo and profile picture.
That’s it, now you have to invite a few friends to like your page and grow your idea.