How to Contact Facebook: Have you ever had an issue with your Facebook and you needed to contact them so the issue can be resolved or you have a question you need to ask about ads or privacy, or probably you’retrying to adjust the settings on your account.
Regardless of the reasons, contacting Facebook is easy if you know how to go about it but might be a bit difficult if you never done it before. Well, writing this article is to help you with contacting Facebook with ease so they can attend to your issues as soon as possible.
Facebook can be contacted using the official Facebook sources and the Facebook community though there are over 100 contact forms for just about every problem you could run into while using Facebook, below are the link to each contact of Facebook in relation todifferent issues you might have.
· Account Disabled/Ineligible – this link or form should be submitted only if your account was disabled for violating Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. If you can’t access your account for some other reasons, please return to the Help Center to find the appropriate contact channel.
· Personal Data Requests – here you can get personal data if you have an account on Facebook, if you don’t, or if you can’t access it.
· Request Access to the Mobile Partner Portal – for mobile operator employees, you can request access to the Facebook Mobile Partner Portal or report any issues you experience accessing the portal. For other issues, please use the Mobile Partner Portal case tool.
· Account Disabled – Multiple Accounts – when you are presently signed in to someone’s else Facebook account, simple log out and then return to this form using your browser’s back button.
Report a Login Issue – If you’re having trouble logging in or with your password, you’ve come to the right place. Please use this form to tell us about the issue you’re experiencing.
· Security Checks Preventing Login – If you’re having trouble logging in to your account due to security checks, you’ve come to the right place. Please use this form to tell us about the issue you’re experiencing.
· My Name Wasn’t Accepted – If you were unable to sign up for Facebook using your authentic name, please fill out the form below so Facebook support can help get you set up.
· Verify Your Name – Facebook support has temporarily suspended your account because they detected that your Timeline doesn’t show your authentic name. Please provide the following information so support can verify your authentic name and update your account.
Must Log In To See This Page Error – If you’re seeing this error message while browsing Facebook, you’ve come to the right place. Please use this form to tell Facebook about the issue you’re experiencing.
· Page Admin Security Check – If you weren’t able to complete the Facebook online security check, you can confirm that this is your account by sending Facebook a copy of your ID.
· Request for Community-Created Page Review – If you think your Page has been wrongly categorized as a Community-Created Page, Facebook will be happy to review the decision. Please note that the Page itself has not changed. It is still on Facebook and fans can still interact with it as always.
These are some of the issues I could think of and their links to resolving each. If you couldn’t find exactly what you wanted to request for, simply visit Facebook help centre for all your other request.