Instagram Contacts Sync: For the insta users, if you own an account on Instagram, then you can easily connect your device with the contacts stored on your phone or tablet.
After you activate this feature (Sync Instagram contacts), your contacts are periodically synced with Instagram’s servers and it helps to save and back up your contacts and also helps suggest friends and send invites to join Instagram to your contacts.
Note: Instagram does not follow anyone on your behalf, and you can disable this feature any time so that Instagram cannot access them.
Check Out: Reasons for losing Followers on Instagram
Instagram contacts sync
To connect your phone contacts to Instagram, follow these steps:
- Login to Instagram or launch the app and then navigate to your Instagram profile page by tapping your photo at the bottom right of your phone’s screen.
- Tap the “small person Image” with a plus (and possibly a red number) at the top left side of the page.
- Then tap on the Contacts link.
- The next screen tells you that Instagram will find people you know, and you’re given the option to follow them. To proceed if satisfied with this condition, tap Connect Contacts.
- Another pop-up asks whether Instagram can access your contacts, to permit Instagram, tap Allow Access.
- Then a pop-up appears asking you to allow Instagram access to your Contacts. If your mind is not actually made up to enable this feature, this is your last chance to cancel your decision to allow Instagram to access your contacts.
- Now tap OK.
- The pop-up goes away, and your Contacts screen appears.
- After enabling this feature, you can instantly start enjoying the feature by Following all your contacts on Instagram at once simply by tapping Follow All, you can however choose which contacts to follow by tapping Follow next to each one.
This feature simply permits Instagram to pull contacts from your phone’s saved contacts for you to select to follow. I hope this actually helped you. Kindly share!