Old Facebook Sign Up: One of the basic requirements of signing up on Facebook is an email address, without this Facebook can allow you to temporarily use your mobile phone number but with time demand you change to email account for security purposes.
- With your PC or mobile internet browser, visit www.facebook.com
- Click on the signup option
- Fill in your name, email or phone number, password and your date of birth into the box provided for each, then check if you are male or female.
Note that Facebook passwords are case sensitive and is advices to be mixture of alphabets, digits and symbols for high security purposes, it should also be combinations you can easily remember and not complex words.
- Then click register account.
Now you have a Facebook account with 0 friends but remember Facebook is all about friends. To get friends, input your email and password into the box provided, then click “find friends”, Facebook will automatically search for your friends attach to the email and displays them as suggested friends, then you will have to choose those to send a request.
UPDATING PROFILE INFORMATION
After getting few friends, you will be asked to input some information about you to form your Facebook profile, such information include; name of high school and college/university you are currently attending or attended, your place of work, where you live and so on. With all this information dropped, click “save and continue”.
CHOOSE A PICTURE
Here, you are to upload a picture from your files or take a photo with the camera, this act as your profile picture displayed alongside your name to friends. It also act as identification in cases where you are not the only person using your profile name.
After perfecting your profile, you will have to confirm your email account to verify if truly it’s yours, now login to your email account and open the mail sent by Facebook, click on “confirm now”, then the link will automatically open your Facebook account. This means your email account has being verified.
TO LOGIN AGAIN
- When you close your browser, Facebook automatically log you out, to login again
- Visit www.facebook.com
- Input your email/phone number in the space provided
- Carefully in your password, remember it is case sensitive
- Click login.
- Now you can enjoy connecting with your buddies all over the world straight from the comfort of your room.
That’s the old Facebook Sign up steps for those that still fancy it.